To support community and the economic
vitality of our area by creating permanently affordable
housing for fulltime residents.
- To provide quality permanently affordable housing for full-time low- and moderate-income households by minimizing the comprehensive costs of housing over time.
- To build attractive, green structures with a light footprint on the land, and a priority of providing construction employment to the community.
- To improve the quality and availability of affordable long-term rental housing, and to support development of landlord/tenant “best practices.”
- To provide opportunities for community members to invest in the community via individual loans to the trust for acquistion and construction.
- To advocate for systemic and public policy changes that enhance housing affordability and community vitality so that people at all stages of life can continue to live in our communities.
- To respond to community needs for short-term and emergency housing.
- And through all of the above, to promote the economic vitality of our communities.
NeahCasa is always looking for more people for its Board and any of its on-going projects, as well as for starting new ones! All kinds of expertise and experience levels are needed. There is a lot to be done and many hands make light work. We encourage you to contact us or, better yet, come to a meeting a see what we're about.
- Memberships: Become a member for $5. Donations over and above that are gratefully accepted - and in fact we depended on them. See Memberships page for more details.
- Board of Director meetings are held regularly on the 2nd Saturday of the month from 10-noon at Board members' homes. These meetings are open to the interested public. See Upcoming Events for future dates and places.
- Program and/or committee meetings are held as needed to help us educate ourselves about the issues and plan future projects. See Upcoming Events for future dates.