We can't say enough about how open and sharing of resources the entire CLT community has been for us in our own process!! Use them.
- Institute for Community Economics was the national "hub" for housing trusts for many years. They have a great range of information and resources available, also links to local trusts across the country. Much of their activity is now being taken up by the National CLT Network.
* ICE Community Land Trust Model explains how a trust operates.
* FAQs on CLTs answers a lot of questions.
* Homes and Hands is a Video highlighting 3 CLTs - NeahCasa has a loaner copy.
- Starting a Community Land Trust (both a manual and a media kit) by John Emmaus Davis and other excellent resources are available from Burlington Associates CLT Resource Center, including an on-line video called A New Way Home: Sharing Equity to Build Wealth and other cool stuff on their website. They also provide technical support to CLT's.
- A National Study of Community Land Trusts by Yesim Sungu-Eryilmaz & Rosalind Greenstein, 2007 from Lincoln Institute Institute of Land Policy (http://www.lincolninst.edu/). Lincoln Institute also sponsors CLT trainings and is a good source of international information.
- EF Schumacher Society is another good source of info on CLT as well as other sustainable solutions for communities.
- NW Regional CLT Coalition - These are the folks we have worked the most with via trainings, conferences and many phone consults. No website yet but they have an active listserv and sponsor two conferences a year - spring in the Portland area and fall in the Seattle area.
Oregon Alliance for Land Use & Affordable Housing
Oregon Housing Alliance
Lummi Island CLT (WA)
San Juan CLT (WA)
Kulshan CLT Bellingham (WA)
Lopez CLT (WA)
Of People and Land (OPAL) Orcas Island (WA)
Housing For All: Links to 66 CLTs
National CLT Network